Friday, March 25, 2011

curved learning

I've been teaching myself to knit socks on two circular needles, thanks to Cat Bordhi's renowned treatment of the subject:



Like most things worth learning, it doesn't come quickly. Ultimately we hope the struggle will be worthwhile.


I purchased two different #2 circulars so I wouldn't confuse which needles were in play. Unfortunately the metal needles, by a venerable American company whose name I shan't mention (S**** B****) are completely horrible. I've never done this before, but I'm planning to return them to the store. The points are both rough and sharp, painful to work with. Yikes!

Meanwhile, vegetable seedlings grow apace in the greenhouse. Probably spring will arrive sometime before May.


Probably.  We hope.

Molly enjoys hothouse flowers.  She, like her muvver, is skeptical concerning the approach of warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment