Sunday, August 29, 2010

And that made all the difference



Same pattern.  Different yarns.


Left:  worsted, edged with Artyarn.  Right: cashmere, silk, merino blend edged with Noro Silk Garden.

If you'd like the pattern, click here and scroll to the bottom of the page.


Though very fond of this vine and leaf design, I'm preparing to try other embossed patterns. Everything happens in the fall, does it not? As I write this, summer's doing a last-gasp heat wave, but the handknitting, as it were, is on the wall. The season of mist and mellow fruitfulness approaches.

NB: two days left before The Poetry of Knitting Contest closes!

2 comments:

  1. Your post came on a perfect day, when I noticed that the wild purple morning glories in my driveway garden were twining around and blooming among the sunflowers!

    Love both versions, in both yarns..... gorgeous.... flowers AND knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm fascinated by the differences between the two.

    ReplyDelete