Monday, April 4, 2011

2KCBWDAY6: Dreaming in color, plausibly.

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week 2011

(Technically 2KCBW has ended, but I had a busy weekend, so I'm behind.)
Something to aspire to.Is there a pattern or skill that you don’t yet feel ready to tackle but which you hope to (or think you can only dream of) tackling in the future, near or distant? 

I am lusting to knit this coat of many colors, featured in Classic Elite's "Celebrated Classics" booklet of 2007. The design is by Liz Nields. What I find so compelling is that it's worked side-to-side in four separate sections, then grafted together via the Three-Needle Bind-Off.  While I've done that bind-off, I've never knitted anything side-to-side, from cuff to mid-back. Even though I'm now involved with a few projects, including finishing another cardigan, I have been assembling a palette, inspired by the Misti Suri Alpaca I mentioned on my first post of 2KCBW, wherein I discussed yarn I hated and yarn I loved.



No comments:

Post a Comment