Sunday, April 3, 2011

El día de los inocentes: 2KCBWDAY5

Ivan, Italian Greyhound, Boston resident
On April first 2011 I drove north 85 miles through intermittent rain and sleet. I visited Ivan, Amy, David, and Tina in Brookline. We had drinks and an early supper. Then I drove to Boston, paid $20 to park, and went to Jordan Hall, only to find that the concert I'd so looked forward to had been CANCELED! WTF????!!!!


I thought this was some kind of unfunny April Fool's joke. It was not. AND, I was informed by a lady with a clipboard, that the cancellation, owing to Andsne's indisposition, had been announced earlier on Facebook and on the Celebrity Series website...she seemed to think it was my fault for not checking before I left home. (Note: I may be the only person in the world who doesn't "do" Facebook, and for this I have been punished.)

To say that I was dismayed is an understatement. Yes, I'm getting a refund, but that's not the point.

Gentle readers, please enjoy this very cheesy video of Leif Ove Andsnes playing Mozart. Despite the visual infelicities, his extremely beautiful interpretation will thrill you, I hope. Andsnes's technique and lyricism are simply gorgeous.

1 comment: