Saturday, June 5, 2010

On the Street Where I Live, Part 1





I have often walked
Down this street before,
But the pavement always stayed beneath 
My feet before,
All at once am I,
Several stories high
Knowing I'm on the street where you live.

People stop and stare,
They don't bother me,
There is nowhere else on earth
That I would rather be,
Let the time go by
I won't care if I,
Can be here 
On the street where you live.

Apologies to Lerner and Loewe, but am I lucky or what?  I live down the street from Hannahs' Farm Alpacas, an edenic enclave of seventeen champion alpacas and their guardians, Jan and Jay Hannah.  During the past few weeks I've made two visits to Hannahs' Alpacas.  The first, in April, was to meet the entire family.  I've known a few alpacas in my time, and truly, these are the friendliest ever.  Jan calls them and they race over to snuffle, nuzzle, be petted, and feel the love.




Look at these sweetie faces!! Don't they remind you of something from Dr. Seuss, except ever so much cuter?

No comments:

Post a Comment